Given the name of this site, would you be shocked to learn that I like mangoes? They have such a refreshing, sweet taste and are a great addition to many recipes…and not just dessert recipes.
For example, this quick and healthy chicken taco recipe includes a mango-avocado salsa. The salsa is made up of mangoes, avocados, tomatoes, red onion, jalapeno, lime juice and cilantro — Simple, fresh ingredients that takes these tacos to the next level.
If you don’t like or can’t find corn tortillas then go ahead and substitute the flour kind.
Chicken Tacos with Mango-Avocado Salsa
(adapted from Cooking Light)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 (6-0unce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced peeled mango
- 1/2 cup diced peeled avocado
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Combine first 3 ingredients. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Rub over chicken.
- Add oil to pan, swirl to coat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Cute into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- While chicken cooks, combine mango, and next 6 ingredients (through jalapeno); stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions; top with chicken and salsa.
Makes 4 servings.