Another delayed posting. Le sigh.
I made this pasta salad for a Labor Day cookout. It turned about to be the cookout of a million pasta salads. Maybe that is a slight exageration…there were maybe 6 pasta salads there…but that is out of a total of 8 side dishes. We should have changed the party to a Pasta Salad “cook”-off. May the best pasta salad win! I like to think that this one could’ve been a contender.
Loaded Italian Pasta Salad
(altered from recipe in Betty Crocker Summer recipe book)
- 12 oz rainbow rotini, cooked
- 8 oz marinated artichoke hearts, drained and marinade reserved
- 8 oz mozzarella, diced
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 6 radishes, sliced thinly
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup diced green onion (green parts only)
- 1/3 cup sliced green olives
- 1/4 cup marinade from the artichoke hearts
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced basil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Place the salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss to evenly distribute.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss again. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving