Yes…here is another recipe that I made months and months ago…when asparagus was in season. Sometimes I can be a bit slow with the posting. If you could see the folder on my laptop of not yet posted food pictures you would see exactly how far behind I am.
But…anyhow… on to the salad.
This recipe caught my eye in an issue of Taste of Home magazine. Just like the Summer Sesame Salad I made from the same magazine, I found that this recipe had a tad too much dressing. (at least for my taste) Perhaps Taste of Home likes salad dressing a wee bit more than Taste of Mango does. 🙂
This is the perfect salad to serve with grilled chicken at your summer cookout. (it’s almost summer somewhere, right???)
Asparagus Mozzarella Salad
(from Taste of Home magazine)
- 2 lbs. fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 inch of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the cheese, tomatoes, onion, and basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, mustard, and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Drizzle with lemon juice. Chill until serving.