BREAD PUDDING!! sorry…just had to get that out. We happen to have a bread pudding super-fan in our house so I am always on the look out for different, new-for-me bread pudding recipes. I saw this recipe for blueberry white chocolate bread pudding in a Taste of Home magazine and immediately tore it out and put it in my “make this soon” file.
The recipe was extremely easy to make and the results…mmmmm. The white chocolate meshed well with the blueberries to create perfect kisses of sweetness. And yes, I know, the 2 cups of sugar did more than their fair share to add to the overall sweetness. 😉
Blueberry White Chocolate Bread Pudding
(From Taste of Home magazine)
Prep: 15 minutes + standing Bake: 50 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 package (10-12 oz) white baking chips
- 1 loaf (1 lb) French bread cut into 1-inch cubes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cream, sugar, and vanilla. Stir in the blueberries and baking chips.
- Stir in bread cubes; let stand for 15 minutes or until bread is softened.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in.x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.