I first made this salad for my cooking club a few years ago. It is super simple and was a big hit at the cooking club so I’ve kept it in my salad repertoire. I frequently make it as a side dish with grilled chicken or with fajitas or quesadillas.
If you keep your pantry stocked with canned black beans and hearts of palm and keep a bag of frozen corn in your freezer…you are a good part of the way to whipping up this salad on a whim.
Black Bean, Corn & Hearts of Palm Salad
(from Bon Apetit magazine)
- 1 16-ounce can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 10-ounce package frozen corn, thawed, drained
- 1 7 1/2-ounce can hearts of palm, drained, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded, diced
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
Mix all ingredients in medium bowl. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper. (Salad can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)