I love to bake from scratch…but sometimes I see a recipe that starts with a cake or brownie mix and can’t help myself. This is one of those recipes and I am glad that I didn’t pass it by. These delectable bites are brownies topped with chunks of Almond Joy chocolate bars and sliced almonds. I brought them to a party earlier this month and they were a big hit.
Almond Joy Brownies
(recipe from Betty Crocker)
- 1 box (1 lb 2.3 oz) Betty Crocker fudge brownie mix
- Water, egg, and vegetable oil called for on brownie mix box
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 6 bars (1.61 oz each) Almond Joy candy, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 13×9″ pan with foil and coat foil with cooking spray.
- Make brownie mix as directed on box using water, oil and eggs. Bake 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix sweetened condensed milk and egg with whisk. Pour mixture over partially baked brownie base. sprinkle candy bar pieces evenly over base. Top with sliced almonds.
- Bake 22 -27 minutes longer or until center is set.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour 30 minutes. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 4 rows.