Deviled eggs are one of my husband’s favorite small bites. I enjoy them myself as well, but I really like making them to have him call me “best wife ever”. 😉 If making deviled eggs is all its takes maybe I will stop doing other things like cleaning the bathroom. heh. I wish.
So anyhow, I recently tried out a deviled egg recipe that appearred in Bon Appetit a few years ago. The recipe was super easy to execute and the result was impressive and flavorful. Thedeviled eggs with capers and tarragon were a perfect way to start a recent spring dinner. I knew they were a hit since there weren’t any leftovers!
Deviled Eggs with Capers and Tarragon (from Bon Appetit March 2006)
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon minced drained capers
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot
- Sliced celery
- Shell eggs, then cut in half lengthwise. Transfer yolks to small bowl and mash with fork.
- Mix in oil, mayonnaise, and mustard. Stir in minced celery, tarragon, capers, and shallot. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon yolk mixture into whites. Garnish each with celery slice. (Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover loosely and refrigerate.)