I started the day off by meeting with 6 others for some Dim Sum in Quincy. It has been a couple of years since I last had dim sum so I was looking forward to it. Some of our group were not the most adventurous eaters so we didn’t try that many dishes and walked out of there with a bill of only $30 and change. Pretty affordable! Next time, I will be taking my husband since he loves to join me on my dining adventures.
And now I am back in my cozy little house where I did a bit of work and then finished the last 40 pages of The Third Policeman by Flann O’Brien. This was an odd little book that counts for two different reading challenges I am participating in: the LOST challenge (books referenced by the TV show) and the 1% Well Read Challenge (books from the 1001 list).
My next book that I will start reading later today is My Life in France by Julia Child. I checked this out of the library along with about 9 other books. Not to mention the 4 library books that I already had sitting at home. Yes, I have a book addiction. There is a slim chance that I will finish all of the books by the time they are due. But, seriously, why do I do this to myself?? I guess that I am just a life long overachiever… Too bad that I don’t always succeed.
The rest of the books I currently have checked out of the library are:
- Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
- The Quiet American by Graham Greene
- Travels with Alice by Calvin Trillin
- Candy and Me: A Love Story by Hilary Liftin
- That they may face the rising sunby John McGahern
- The Gastronomical Me by MFK Fisher
- In the Country of Last Things by Paul Auster
- The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven by Sherman Alexie
- The Spy Who Came in from the Coldby John Le Carre
- Slow Man by JM Coetzee
- Mister Pip by Lloyd Jones
- In the Forest by Edna O’Brien
- Common Ground by J. Anthony Lukas
- Vanishing Point by David Markson
So what are you reading/doing today?