fried chicken cheese balls– sounds healthy, right??? 😉
I cooked up these puppies recently after seeing them on the Food Network. My husband loves buffalo chicken wings so I just had to make these. They were really easy since they start with store bought rotisserie chicken.
These were perfect little comfort food bites but they were on the heavy side and quickly made you feel full after just 2 or 3. Even so, they were quite good and I will be making them again sometime for a game night or other casual entertaining.
Blue Cheese Dip:
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup packed blue cheese, broken up
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- Have oil heated to 350 degrees F.
- Pick the meat from the chicken and discard the skin. Place the chicken in a large bowl and add the hot sauce, pepper, cheese, and scallions, and toss to combine. Roll the chicken into 2-ounce balls, about the size of a golf ball.
- Place the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs in 3 separate bowls. Roll each ball in the flour, then the egg and then the bread crumbs. Set aside.
- When the oil is hot fry the chicken balls in batches. Cook for about 2 minutes per batch. Remove the chicken to paper towel lined plate to drain the excess oil.
- To make the sauce, combine all ingredients in a large bowl and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Serve the chicken alongside the dipping sauce.