I recently finished reading the essay collection Talking with My Mouth Full where the author talked about various food memories. With each essay, the author included one or more recipes. One of the chapters was about Bundt cakes. This recipe was one of the ones associated with that essay. It’s definitely not a from scratch cake, but it was quick and easy. You start with a box of yellow cake mix and a box of pistachio instant pudding…add a little orange juice, chocolate syrup and a few other things…and voila: Bundt-y Goodness. You can’t really tell by the picture but the cake has a slightly green tint to it from the pistachio pudding.
Chocolate Pistachio Bundt Cake
- 1 pkg. yellow cake mix (about 18 oz.)
- 1 pkg. instant pistachio pudding mix (3 oz.)
- 1/2 C. orange juice
- 1/2 C. water
- 1/2 C. vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup chocolate syrup
- Butter & flour a Bundt pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl add: cake mix, pudding mix, orange juice, water, vegetable oil, and eggs. Blend to moisten, then beat 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Pour 2/3 of batter into prepared bundt pan.
- Add chocolate syrup to remaining batter and mix well.
- Pour over batter in pan and drag knife through top of batter to encourage marbling.
- Bake cake for 50-60 minutes.
- cool on rack for 15 minutes and then invert cake onto serving dish. Sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional).