It’s been over a month or so since I last participated in the Booking Through Thursday meme. With the new year and a fresh start, I will try to be better with participating.
This week’s questions is:
So … any Reading Resolutions? Say, specific books you plan to read? A plan to read more ____? Anything at all?
Name me at least ONE thing you’re looking forward to reading this year!
Oh, I always have reading resolutions! I am great at making resolutions, but not always so great at keeping them. Some informal personal reading goals that I have:
- Even though the 1% Well-Read Challenge will be officially over, I am going to continue my quest to read my way through the list of 1001 Book You Must Read Before You Die. I have currently read around 150 of the the 1001. My goal for 2009 is to read at least 25 additional books from the list.
- I currently have around 115 books sitting unread on my shelves. I would love to read enough of these to get the number down to under 75 books by the end of the year.
Some of the books that I am going to start of 2009 with are:
- Rasputin’s Daughter by Robert Alexander (book club selection)
- The Delivery Man: A Novel by Joe McGinnis Jr.
- Last Night at the Lobster by Stewart O’Nan
- Supercapitalism: The Transformation of Business, Democracy, and Everyday Life by Robert Reich (book club selection)
- Deluxe: How Luxury Lost Its Luster by Dana Thomas
- A Fortunate Age: A Novel by Joanna Smith Rakoff (B&N First Look)
- Low Down: Junk, Jazz, and Other Fairy Tales From Childhood by A.J. Albany
- The Language of Baklava: A Memoir by Diana Abu-Jaber (Cook the Books selection)
- Talking With My Mouth Full: Crab Cakes, Bundt Cakes, and Other Kitchen Stories by Bonny Wolf (Food for Thought selection)
- House of Sand and Fog by Andre Dubus III
- Foucault’s Pendulum by Umberto Eco
What are your 2009 Reading Resolutions? Have you read any of the books on my to-read-soon list above?